Salted Line Europe provides a limited 1-year warranty from the date of purchase for all products at our website against all defects in original workmanship and material under normal use and service mentioned in the owner’s manual with the exceptions specified below.
Warranty service terms and conditions
- The warranty applies only to the products purchased at our website www.saltedlineeurope.com, the reference to the valid Order Number is required when applying for warranty services
- The warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the purchaser who placed an order on our website
- All correspondence concerning our warranty services must be accompanied by a copy of original sales receipt and/or the Order Number with is mentioned on your order confirmation email, starting with SLExxxx. Please use the Warranty Claim communication example below as a reference.
- This warranty does not apply and may be rendered completely void in the event of accidental physical damage, misuse, flooding due to neglect, tampering, lack of care and maintenance, improper storage, or unauthorized storage
- This warranty becomes void if the product components are damaged by anything other than normal recreational diving or surf photography usage
- Any intentional or unintentional modifications made to the housing, its controls, O-rings or other parts will void the warranty
- We reserve the right to ask for a photographic evidence of the housing damage or even the return of the housing back to our engineers for an inspection
- In case your product is confirmed to be defective upon the receipt of the returned product by our warranty specialists, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge, excluding shipping and handling charges. Salted Line Europe reserve the right to charge shipping and handling fees which will be clearly communicated to client before the repair or replacement.
- Each underwater camera housing is tested in high pressure chamber and examined before it is shipped. It should be visually and operationally checked as soon as it is received. If it is damaged in anyway, please notify us immediately.
- Repairs made under this warranty will not extent the warranty period
The warranty does NOT cover:
- A 3rd-party camera inside the Salted Line housing. It is full responsibility of user to arrange for the relevant insurance coverage or accident coverage of the photo camera used inside your underwater housing.
- Any leakage or damage caused by misaligned or not properly serviced O-ring seal
- All paint finishing, cosmetic discoloration of surfaces, powder coating, or material stitching that is chipped, damaged, or unthreaded through customer use that do not affect functionality of the product
- This warranty specifically excludes cords, wet connectors and O-rings
- This warranty specifically excludes products with similar type numbers and/or names that are purchased from Amazon, AliExpress, eBay or other third party sellers. Salted Line Europe reserves the right to decline any communication and support on purchases outside of our website. For the quality issues with product(s) not purchased from Salted Line Europe, customers are advised to contact the respective vendor(s) directly.
Limited Liability statement
- Salted Line Europe does not accept any liability for any loss, damages, or expenses including incidental or consequential damages directly or indirectly arising from the sale or use of the product
- Salted Line Europe does not accept any liability for any loss of captured images or video or the inability to capture images or video even if it is due to the manufacturing defect or leakage of the product
Example of a Warranty Claim communication
Subject: Warranty claim for the order SLE(your order) eg.#SLE1111, copy of the purchase order invoice attached.
Please write your order number in the subject line, this will allow us to quickly recognize your claim even when the mail server places your message in a Spam folder.
We advise you to follow those steps if you need to send us a warranty claim.
Step 1: Prepare the photos or video which clearly illustrates the damage. You can fill up your housing with paper tissues, close it properly and soak it in a bucket of water for 20 min under some pressure. The leaking housing will show the problem area by the wet tissues after the test is completed. We will need to see the photos of this problem area, please.
Step 2: Send us an email Warranty Claim as suggested above, attach the copy of your purchase order invoice and evidence photos or video and describe when and how did you notice the leak.
Step 3: We will evaluate your request and let you know whether we need you to send the housing back to us for inspection or not, depending on the quality of your evidence photos.
Step 4: A warranty inspection is required in approximately 50% of cases, you will have to send us the housing and all accessories to the following address:
Step 5: We will communicate the results of the warranty inspection and the next steps in receiving your replacement housing for confirmed warranty cases.